Developments that contradict public morality, order and common sense cannot be patented. Thus, technologies related to human cloning and alteration of the human genome are not patented. However, it is possible to provide indirect protection for inventions that are considered non-patentable by patenting the method of obtaining them.
IN THE AREA OF
- If you are engaged in biotechnology, we at IPS will analyze the possibility of direct and indirect patent protection of your developments and will help go through the registration procedure.
IN RUSSIA, OBJECTS OF PATENT LAW CANNOT BE
- Methods for cloning a person and his clone.
- Methods for modifying the genetic integrity of human germline cells.
- The use of human embryos for industrial and commercial purposes.
- The results of intellectual activity, if they are contrary to public interests, the principles of humanity and morality.
In other cases, patent protection of inventions in direct or indirect form is possible.
Get a consultation
Fill the form,
and we will contact you.